Tuesday, February 23, 2016

i'm well-acquainted with villains that live in my head

i've been trying to decide what it is about witches and dragons that is so attractive to me. the idea of an outcast with inimitable power? something so strong that its power is its beauty?

i've always wanted to be that, to be above, to ethereal, to be better, to be unattainable and envied. a dragon sits atop their treasure looking out at everything else in the hoard, and a witch watches those around her, cursing and blessing and hexing as she sees fit, needing no validation but her own.

i have dragons in my belly and witches in my head, and with all that magic in my veins, who am i to deny it?

i'm not sure where church members come in but i know that i'm not a mouse but a dragon, a witch, and i spent far too long discounting myself to not believe now.

2 comments:

  1. That's an interesting way of looking at yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, since religion has often rejected magical beings (you know, Salem Witch Trials, and I'm pretty sure dragon slayers were a thing), maybe church members could be the villainous part of our title trio?

    ReplyDelete