Wednesday, February 10, 2016

i'll show you how

today i made a list of everything i paint my face with before i went to work

i started with primer and concealer
followed with a liquid foundation which i sprinkle powder foundation over. if i just use liquid my skin gets greasy.
eyeshadow was next. i use three different colors to contour my eyelids.
after that i used eyeliner. i have liquid eyeliner, but the crayon is easier to use.
eyeliner is followed by mascara. i use two kinds of mascara, but first just the one for my eyelashes.
my eyebrows are afterwards. i start with a smudger to fill them in and follow it up with the second kind of mascara, which is supposed to give them a sleek look.
my lips are last, but they're almost as difficult as my eyes.
first i began with a red lipliner. i always draw my lips a little fuller than they really are.
i layer a bright red lipstick on after, and a dark nude lipstick on top of that. i haven't found a lipstick in quite the color i like so i have to improvise.
lip gloss goes on top to give sheen.
the last thing that happens is i hold my breath and close my eyes after taking off glasses and douse my face in hairspray so none of it falls off.
none of this takes into account the forty-five minutes i spent on my hair.

the next time someone asks why i don't wear very much makeup and they don't believe me when i say i use a significant amount of a day on it, i'll show them this list.

3 comments:

  1. People have no idea how much time it takes just to look what society considers "normal" and "acceptable." It's actually kind of insane when you think about it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never realized that this process was so long and complicated.. Thank you for showing me. I realize now how much effort you've put into this endeavor and can find myself appreciating even more how hard you have to work at this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't use very much makeup. Only time I put on makeup when I go to church. Powder foundation, Little mascara and lipstick. I'm not a makeup person very much..

    ReplyDelete