Wednesday, January 27, 2016

how could i ask for more

I love my job. I complain about it a fair amount because no one really wants to go to work, but I really don't dislike it. I dislike working in general (I guess?) but I don't hate the job. The women I work with are great, and so is the one guy that's there. Maybe I love it so much because I've kind of always been a girls' girl. I feel safe around other women.

I mean, I sell handbags, so it's at least more glamorous when I used to come home smelling like butter every night. No matter how many times I washed my hair, I always felt like I could scrape a film of grease off my skin with my fingernail (I wasn't allowed to bite my nails either when I worked in food. As soon as I stopped working there I picked up the habit again.).

I'm sort of an apathetic person, so I'm pretty happy to have anything that makes me a little happy. Work doesn't make me happy, but the people I work with do most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment