Wednesday, April 6, 2016

eat it? ate it.

"It doesn't matter that they won't remember me. What matters is I helped."

This is a quote from one of my favorite video games, even though I didn't know it was from a video game at first. This quote is what made me want to play. It's said by a 'spirit of compassion,' a being that exists only to help.

I'm not that selfless but I think it's a pretty valid sentiment. I'm not always a good person and it's a little intimidating to think that that's the kind of mantra to try to live by, to want to do good even when people won't recognize or remember it. Of course, the character that says it is more or less a ghost, so I don't think it's fully applicable to a totally mortal person.

Food for thought.

2 comments:

  1. Food for thought indeed. I think that'd be very difficult to live up to as a credo. Side note, I remember that game. Always meant to get around to it, never actually did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful ideal, but definitely goes against so many of our instincts as people. All the same, it's worth aiming to get some of that selflessness into our hearts.

    ReplyDelete